Monday 10 March 2014

First Kisses: An Internet Thing


Thank goodness for the Internet. Otherwise, this video wouldn't be out there - and, as some of you might know, this has been making the rounds online all evening.

I'd argue that a good kiss is so much more powerful than a good fuck, or whatever you want to call it. There's much less skin, much less awkward and a lot more of that sweetness that can make your mind zone out and your body "blush all over" (as I saw someone aptly describe on Twitter today).

My first kiss was in a crowded movie theatre. His nose got in the way and I didn't know how to tilt my head properly. Hopefully I've improved since then.

My best kiss was after we hadn't seen each other in a very long time. I've had happy kisses, in the same vein, since then. My most recent one was sweet - also unexpected and in public. My worst one involved too much teeth and tongue. My saddest one was on my parents' driveway, not too long ago actually. (Look at me; I could go on forever about kissing!)

Now that the year is winding down, and I'm that much closer to ~*~funemployment~*~, I'll be using this space a lot more. Hard to believe I've been blogging (half-assedly, I'll admit) for nearly three years now. 

What started out as a space for me to practice quasi-anonymous Internet rambling has turned into ... the exact same thing, albeit a bit more annoying, more or less.

EDIT: Turns out it's actually a fashion ad, which we may have all noticed were we paying closer attention to the credits. Still, the sentiment is there. If you're looking for alternatives, though, VICE did a neat thing where they pulled strangers off the street and got them to kiss. Sort of produces the same effect. Sort of.

MORE EDITS: I wish I had written something about brands leveraging emotion to sell something. See: Westjet and P&G, though more subtle, use similar methods of associating their product with feel-good feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...