Sunday 2 December 2012

Anything Could Happen


The new Girls trailer is up, which means I'm only counting down the days until I get to go into full torrenting mode every Sunday night. Even though I frequented (too) many tourist areas in New York City last weekend, I loved the way that city felt in the way that most metropolitan places feel - full of motion, cynicism, and sound. It's exhausting, I imagine, but I'm also of the school of thought that if you're not exhausted, you're doing something wrong.

For example, Friday was the annual holiday party for overtired, school newspaper staffers like myself. I spent way too much time getting ready (aka precariously applying red lipstick) but I think the result was wonderful. It was good to go out and good to eat real food and good to spend time yelling at friends in a noisy, but mostly-deserted, nightclub.

Anyways, happy exam time all. While you're all studying, I'm neglecting 300-page novels in order to knit my sister a winter headband. 

Before you go, though, check out this trailer for Sarah Polley's documentary Stories We Tell. It premiered at TIFF, the film festival that highlights one of the many reasons I'm excited to move back to the city. I first loved Sarah Polley in Road to Avonlea. I really liked Canadian Maritime junior fiction when I was a preteen, for some reason, and I was reminded of her talents upon seeing her film Away From Her. Her screenplay for that film was nominated for an Oscar a few years back.

Anywho, here's the trailer for Stories We Tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...