Wednesday 5 December 2012

Tea and Wontons

It's exam season, so that means I'm indulging in way too much of the title foods. Contrary to what the title might suggest, I've been doing a lot of random home cooking that requires ELABORATE PREPARATION AND THOUGHT. 

Just kidding. I usually text my dad and ask him for recipes that will enter my mind after a bout of nostalgia. That's why I went on a tiring search for tamarind soup base the other night which, I now realize, was probably sprinkled on all dinner foods ingested in my formative years. I just marinated two chicken breasts in half a package of tamarind soup base (found at your local Asian grocer!) along with salt, pepper, and a chopped onion for fifteen minutes. Bake at 350 F for half an hour and voila - you have a savoury, Filipino dinner.

I think exams set off a weird homely tic in me. I've been spending more time knitting and lighting scented candles which, if you haven't guessed, half the girls my age are indulging in nowadays. Maybe we're all searching for some sort of comfort normally found at home in the comfort of free rent and a well-stocked pantry. I don't much care. I'm just glad I found a (crappy) balsam fir candle at Dollarama.


This is my latest knitting creation - a white circle scarf that came out a bit too large. Trust me to be an overzealous knitter. Also, let's appreciate the fact that this is the first time this week that I've worn contacts and mascara. Appreciate.

And if you're looking for some creative holiday music, look no further than Jimmy Fallon, The Roots, and Mariah Carey...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...